UTAH LAKE

On a frozen lake with one of my best friend's and his dog, Roo slept in our car - engine still running with the heater blasting to keep our little boy warm.

I'd just introduced Kesh to some really important people in my life. Friends I hadn't seen in six years. Friends I lived in two different countries with and who I'd grown with.

Six years felt like such a long time and at the same time, like no time at all.

On our way further south, Shinji (who you'll hear more about) took my little family to a spot that's special to him. The black lab in some of the shots is his, too. Her name is Rain. And guess what...Kesh loved Shinji and she loved Rain.

Being over here is teaching me new things and helping me become a better photographer. I'd never shot in a place like this, or with light like this.


Keshy is dressed by the beautiful people at American Apparel

15 comments:

  1. the light is dazzling. makes me so homesick for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light is crazy! I'd love to get my hands on some snow right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. If you come through Virginia give me a call - I've got a little family who would love to model for you, and we can cook dinner, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs! Come visit the Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow is my favorite to circumstance to photograph in. This week we're getting lots. Hope you enjoy your stay in utah! I love it. You're photographs are always so stunning!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light from the snow is amazing - isn't it! So different to the kind of light we're used to in Australian winters! I love these shots of Kesh - and what a beautiful pup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is a whole different ball game! (And you've already mastered it perfectly!) love this set... Kesh is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, wow, perhaps my very favorite set of yours to date!

    i live in utah, about an hour from this lake and... i don't know what it is exactly but these photos really do FEEL like utah. i get that just from looking at them.

    kesh looks the most beautiful i've ever seen her and these photos are (i wish there was a better word than these...) stunning, amazing, breathtaking!

    i don't even care much for utah but these photos have me thinking beauty can be found anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, as always.
    (be careful with the heat and car combo. its enough your little one is bundled up in the car, with it off. too many babies get hurt this way, speaking from a friend's experience...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous scenery. the white in contrast to the color of kesh and rain is breathtaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the contrast between the stark snowy landscapes and Kesh's bright pink hat. These shots are inspiring.

    You have a super stunning wife!

    P.S. I just stumbled upon your blog today and I'm in awe of your photography.

    ReplyDelete